Friday, December 5, 2008

Inspirational Thoughts

I have not made a personal blog post in a long time, so I thought this would be a great opportunity. First and foremost, I would like to thank every one who has contacted me with their kind words and wishes. It is truly a magnificent feeling to know that so many people care and that you inspire those people to lead healthy lifestyles. Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my heart.

This past year has been one of the most joyful years of my life. In November of 2007, I joined a wonderful organization called Team in Training to complete an Ironman. With their help and guidance, I did participate in both a half Ironman and a full Ironman. This has changed my life as I realized that I can do anything I want to! I had never thought training for an Ironman could be so much fun. I would highly encourage for anyone to visit http://www.teamintraining.org and find training programs near them. TNT has programs for marathons, century bike rides, and of course, triathlons of all distances. I had the time of my life with TNT. In fact, I am right back on the team this year as a mentor. God willing, in 2009 I will complete 2 half-ironmans, 1 full ironman, and a 100K ultramarathon.

I often get asked, why do I run marathons? why Ironman? why [fill in crazy endeavor here]? The answer is simple, BECAUSE I CAN!!! It was only a couple of short years ago when I couldn't even run half a mile, or do one pull up, and I ran out of breath going down (not up) a flight of stairs. Now, I can run a marathon at any given day of the week. As human beings, we place limits on ourselves all the time and rarely get out of our comfort zones. I once heard, "The only limit in life are ones we set ourselves". It is such a great feeling when one does something because they can, plain and simple, because so many people can't, but they CAN! Everything is possible, it's just a matter of "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?" (Mike Ogorek) There are always numerous reasons NOT to do something, but you only need one good reason to do it. So, when will YOU get out of your comfort zone? When will YOU reach the unreachable? When will you shatter your limits? When will you fly?


Now, before I conclude, I would like to introduce our Honored Teammate, Kyle Garlett. Kyle is an inspiration for many as his story is truly amazing. Kyle has been battling blood cancers for past 20 years, he's also a heart transplant patient, and will soon be the first heart transplant recipient to have done an Ironman in Kona, Hawaii. Please visit Kyle's website to read more of his heart-warming story. Kyle also has a blog. Visit: http://ironmankyle.blogspot.com/


Lastly, Please watch these videos as they provide a great source of inspiration. Thank you Kyle for posting these videos:

Ironman - You Will Do This


Friday Night Lights - Speech and Prayer


Team Hoyt


Lance Armstrong Nike Commercial


Nike "Awake" Commercial


Another Film about Ironman

No comments: