Thursday, November 29, 2007

Introduction and Welcome

Hi Everyone and Welcome to my first blog entry

This blog will detail my journey to Ironman. It was not too long ago, June 2006, where I tipped the 240 pound mark on the scale with a body fat in excess of 38%. Not only I was embarrassed of my appearance, but my health was degenerating with increase in blood pressure to pre-hypertension stage, resting heart rate of almost 100 beats per minute, and with the looks of it, diabetes was beginning to crawl up my sleeve. It was at that point where I decided that either it was time for me to give up or gain control of my life, be more responsible for my actions, and begin enjoying life. Well, fast forward 17 months to today, December 2007... here are my current statistics:
Weight: 160 lb
Body Fat: 10%
Resting Heart Rate 45 bpm
Hypertension: GONE
Marathons completed: 4
Triathlons completed: 4

Here is me before:



Here is me after:














The purpose of this blog is not to show off, but to give hope to all those who are on a verge of giving up their hope to a healthier, more fulfilling life. Use me as an example, get motivated, and start your journey. About 17 months ago, I couldn't even go down a flight of stairs and walk to my car without huffing and puffing, now, 80 pounds of fat and four marathons later, I am training for an Ironman, which will consist of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike race, and 26.2 mile run, all done sequentially without breaks. My goal is to complete the event in under 12 hours. You CAN lose weight, you CAN complete a Marathon, you can be an IRONMAN, and you CAN do whatever you want to do. The only limits in life are the ones we set ourselves. So, break those limits and be FREE.

While it took a great deal of commitment and dedication on my part, I was very fortunate to run into Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" ebook during the process. Tom's "BFFM" ebook made me realize the importance of commitment, dedication, courage, all while making fitness and nutrition fun, informative, and enlightening. He is and will always be my mentor every step of the way. His ebook provided me with a step by step, down to earth approach to losing body fat, getting lean, and being healthy. I can not emphasize on how simple it was. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't even know where to begin, but his ebook provided me with all the guidance I needed to change. Thank you for everything Tom.
For information on Tom's ebook, click here.


I would also like to thank all my family, friends, co-workers, colleagues, and everyone else I forgot to mention for all the support and encouragement you have given me. I will never forget the kindness... Every time I heard a compliment from you guys, my heart filled with joy and it was all the encouragement I needed to keep going. Thank you guys and remember that I am always here for you, day or night!

Until next time,
Arkady Hagopian

No comments: