Friday, July 11, 2008

Training Updates and Photos

I haven't done a personal post in a while so I thought I do it today. I hope that my site visitors have been enjoying the goofy commercials/videos I've been posting. Most emails I get are complementary of how funny they are. However, I did get a few emails that stated that some of the videos are insensitive and are offensive. I do apologize if they seem that way... certainly, they're not supposed to. Other than a mere joke, being able to laugh at serious issues, especially when you can relate to them, is a sign of strength. It's a sign that you see past the problem and are working towards a solution. So,with that in mind, I will continue posting weight loss commercials and spoofs every Tuesday. Check back and leave a comment!!!!

On to Ironman training......................

Vineman Ironman-distance triathlon is just around the corner on August 2, 2008. My team and I are ready, both mentally and physically to swim 2.4 miles, cycle for 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles. A lot of interesting events have been happening in the past few days and weeks. Tiffany and Allison, two lovely ladies from the group have had their bikes stolen, Danielle crashed on her bike and broke her shoulder. She wont be doing Vineman with us but will be competing in another Ironman later on this year, as soon as the shoulder is healed. All of the team was heartbroken upon hearing this, as Danielle is a very compassionate person, not to mention an amazing athlete, but the fact that she's not letting this obstacle to dissillusion her Ironman dreams only proves that she's a strong woman. Our fundraising captain, Aaron, has been having knee problems at this time of the season, and so is Jake, which was a result of him and Jocelyn crashing on their bikes a couple of weeks ago. With the two weeks of taper coming up, people should start healing of their aches, pains, and injuries as the workouts get shorter to let our bodies heal.

Personally, I feel okay. Swimming has come a long way from not being able to swim across a 25 yard pool to swimming for nearly 4000 yards. I do have some pains and soreness in my muscles and joints, but nothing out of the ordinary. I hope they heal during the taper.

Here are some pictures of my teammates in action......

Above: Having wine and deserts while waiting for our Amtrak train back to Los Angeles after riding to San Diego. From Left to Right: Stephanie, Me, Jocelyn, Jake, Danielle aka Doom.


Above: Aaron Umber and Liz during Wildflower Training Weekend


Above: Catherine is happy to have finished
Wildflower Long Course (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13 mile run)


Above: Doom's Birthday - Aaron Umber, Caroline Z.,
Laurel Szeto, Doom (Danielle), Jen Reeve, Christina Cord, Aaron O.


Above: Laurel and Jen


Above: Group Photo after running 13 miles during Wildflower Training Weekend.


Above: Jake Boozin' on Amtrak


The Contents in this garage are worth more than the house.


Rad Hallman, one of our great coaches.


Thanks for visiting my blog and check back soon as I will update with more posts, photos, updates, and don't forget to check in every Tuesday for a new Video.

No comments: